Articles on AI and ethics/society
From The Artificial Intelligence and Society discussion group
Revision as of 11:00, 6 December 2016 by Knoal09p
Media reports and opinions about future AI
- Nature editorial on AI (April 2016): Anticipating Artificial Intelligence
- Economist report on robots (March 2014): Immigrants from the future
Academic reports about future AI
- Mueller and Bostrom (2016): Future Progress in Artificial Intelligence: A Survey of Expert Opinion.
Discussions about the likely impact of AI on jobs
- Frey and Osborne's 2013 paper estimating 47% of US jobs are 'highly automatable': The future of employment: how susceptible are jobs to computerisation?
- Arntz et al.'s 2016 OECD report estimating 9% of OECD jobs are 'automatable': The Risk of Automation for Jobs in OECD Countries: a comparative analysis
- Discussion of Frey and Osborne's paper in the Guardian: The knowledge economy is a myth
- Discussion of Arntz et al.'s paper: robotenomics.com: Robots and job fears: Destruction of large numbers of jobs unlikely, says new OECD Study
- David Autor's (2015) paper arguing against predictions about large-scale technology-driven job losses: Why Are There Still So Many Jobs? The History and Future of Workplace Automation
- John Danaher's (2015) response to Autor: Why haven't robots taken our jobs? The Complementarity Effect.
- Another piece by Danaher (2015), with a discussion of (and support for) Autor's arguments for a 'polarising' effect of technology on jobs: Automation and Income Inequality: Understanding the Polarisation Effect
- Frey and Osborne's 2015 paper on societal/economic impacts of new technologies: Technology at work: The future of automation and employment.
Discussions of the impact on people of AI
- Anne Amnesia's blog post on the Unnecessariat (May 2016)
AI and legal issues
- An article about possible EU legislation to classify advanced robots as 'electronic persons' (June 2016)
- A white paper from Chapman Tripp, in association with the NZ Institute of Directors: Artificial Intelligence Opportunities and challenges for New Zealand: A call to action (October 2016)
Recent initiatives relating to the future of AI
- Wired magazine report on Elon Musk's new 'Open AI' company (May 2016): Inside OpenAI, Elon Musk's wild plan to set Artificial Intelligence free