Organisations studying AI and ethics/society
From The Artificial Intelligence and Society discussion group
Revision as of 08:33, 20 September 2016 by Knoal09p
- Oxford's Future of Humanity Institute - in particular the AI safety theme. Director: Nick Bostrom
- Cambridge's Centre for the Study of Existential Risk - in particular the AI risk area. Director: Huw Price
- Cambridge (MA)'s Future of Life Institute - in particular the AI focus. Founders include Jaan Tallinn and Max Tegmark
- Oxford's Leverhulme Centre for the Future of Intelligence. Director: Huw Price
- Berkeley's Centre for Human-Compatible Artificial Intelligence. Led by Stuart Russell
- Berkeley's Machine Intelligence Research Institute. Founder: Eliezer Yudkowsky
- The AI100 initiative. 'A 100-year effort to study and anticipate how the effects of artificial intelligence will ripple through every aspect of how people work, live and play.'
- OpenAI. A non-profit AI research company. Founded by Elon Musk
- 80,000 hours (an organisation offering advice about careers with positive social impact) have released a problem profile on AI, that includes advice about careers for existing AI researchers, and a career profile for people who are interested in getting into AI.
Pressure groups / NGOs: